If you’ve been living with an allergy, you know how it can seriously impact your everyday life. Your local ENT and allergies specialist will be able to run tests to better identify your allergens and explain to you how best to avoid your triggers and live a more stress-free summer.
Top 5 Ways to Reduce Allergy Symptoms Naturally
- Check the pollen count forecast in your area on the web before rolling out of bed at pollen.com by typing in your zip-code.
- A rinse kit or a neti pot and nasal bulb can help wash away mucus and bacteria as well as reduce postnasal drip.
- Make sure you’re getting at least your eight cups a day of water.
Extraliquid can help thin mucus to give your nasal passages relief.
- An apple a day will also keep your ENT and allergies away. Try to avoid foods high in dairy, wheat, and sugar because they can cause your body to produce more mucus.
- Leave your shoes and your problems at the door. Keep your house allergen free by shedding your clothes and washing up when you come home.
How Can ENT and Allergies Specialists Help Me? What Treatments Are Available?
If these tips aren’t working for you, you may need help from a medical professional. An ENT may be able to prescribe medication or administer a set of shots designed specifically to help your immune system adjust to what it perceives as a threat.
When To See an Ear, Nose, & Throat Doctor About Your Allergies
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it may be time to take a trip to the ENT and allergies specialist.
- Symptoms that lead to chronic sinus infections
- Shortness of breath and warning signs of asthma
- Hay fever at various times throughout the year
- Significantly reduced
qualityof life due to symptoms
Don’t Suffer and Sniffle All Summer! Give Us A Call!
We want you to enjoy your summer. Don’t hide away inside avoiding your allergens. Give us a call and we’ll see how we can help you. If you are wheezing and coughing, then come on into the office. Dr. Paul Young is certified to handle all issues related to ENT and allergies.